Churches and Chapels
A stroll around the history of Santa Susanna seen through its churches and chapels.
Plaça Catalunya, s/n, Santa Susanna
The “new parish temple” was built in less than three years and was opened on 31 January 1945 before the Bishop of Gerona and the governor of Barcelona, among others. It is a simple building built thanks to the efforts of all the residents, who added their own personal work.
“The presbytery paintings are particularly remarkable. One neighbour who lived in the same building as Dr. Massons in Barcelona was Aurelio Crossiet, one of Sert’s disciples, who specialised in decorating large spaces by painting on a fabric covered with a thin layer of gold. At the request of Dr. Massons, he generously offered to decorate the apse.” (Dr. Massons, Història de la Vila de Santa Susanna, p. 264).
Parish mass times:
Sundays at 12:15 p.m.
The church is only open at mass times.