Churches and Chapels
A stroll around the history of Santa Susanna seen through its churches and chapels.
Plaça Catalunya, s/n, Santa Susanna
The “new parish temple” was built in less than three years and was opened on 31 January 1945 before the Bishop of Gerona and the governor of Barcelona, among others.
Chapel of Sant Isidre
Plaça Llillota, s/n, Santa Susanna
The chapel of San Isidore suffered as a result of the building of the Maresme motorway. This meant that the original construction of 1920…
Chapel of Sant Crist de Balasch
Carretera Vella, 6, Santa Susanna
The well-known chapel of the Holy Christ of Balasch is a small twentieth-century oratory on a crossroads.
The former chapel of Santa Susanna
Riera de Santa Susanna, s/n, Santa Susanna
The old chapel of Santa Susanna gives the town its name: “It is a small Romanesque church of about four metres by four, which would seem to date from before 1189
Shrine of Our Lady of Grace
Pujada de Gràcia, s/n, Santa Susanna
It was built on the initiative of a group of sailors in 1715, who implored the virgin to protect them from shipwrecks.